PROP/WEAPONS POLICY: Please review before you come to Planet Comicon Kansas City
Cosplay is a fun and integral part of the convention experience. We know how hard you work to create those incredible costumes and look forward to seeing them. Please read this entire policy to help insure a positive experience when attending Planet Comicon Kansas City.
Failure to comply with this policy may result in your removal from the convention without refund.
All prop and costume weapons must be inspected and tagged at the Prop/Weapons Desk.
PROP AND WEAPONS CHECK IN PROCEDURE– The Props and Weapons Check-in Desks will be located inside Lobby 2200 next to the east and west escalators.
- All prop weapons that could be mistaken for a real weapon must be inspected and tagged prior to entry into the show.
- If you are found with an untagged weapon inside the show, you will be escorted to prop/weapons check-in to have your weapon inspected and tagged.
- If you have a weapon that does not pass inspection, you will not be able to enter the show. If you are not sure about a weapon, or have a weapon that does not meet these policies, please leave it at home in order to assure entrance.
PROHIBITED ITEMS – NO FUNCTIONAL WEAPONS OR AMMUNITION WILL BE ALLOWED
- Functional firearms (BB guns, cap guns, paintball guns, and pellet guns)
- Functional projectile weapons (including blow guns, crossbows, long bows, silly string, slingshots, water balloons, and water guns) See below for approved bows and arrows.
- Sharpened metal-bladed weapons (including axes, daggers, hatchets, knives, kunai, shuriken, swords, sword canes, and switch blades)
- Explosives (including firecrackers and fireworks)
- Chemical weapons (including mace and pepper spray)
- Blunt weapons (including brass knuckles, clubs, and nunchaku)
- Hard prop weapons (including props made of metal, fiberglass, and glass)
- Baseball bats and Hockey Sticks (unless made of foam, or light plastic)
- Roller skates, roller blades and skateboards are not allowed in the Convention Center
- Prop weapons of all kinds will be allowed providing they are composed of cardboard, foam, wood, or other light materials.
- Prop firearms and replica firearms must be inspected. Replica barrels must be covered with a brightly-colored cap. Air soft guns must be rendered inoperable, batteries and chambers removed, and triggers zip-tied.
- Bows will be allowed providing they are unstrung and all arrows must have tips removed or foam and bundled. Foam bows may be strung.
- Metal-bladed weapons can be bought and sold provided they are not sharpened, remain sheathed while on display, and are placed in sealed boxes immediately upon purchase. A package check service will be available in Lobby 2200, Room 2206.
There will be cosplay repair stations in the cosplay area on the convention floor to provide assistance during the show.