Kansas City Attractions
Kansas City is a dynamic city backed by a vibrant arts scene, world-class attractions and an eclectic mix of shops. Whether this is your first visit or Kansas City is like your second home, take time to discover a blend of new and traditional favorites during your visit.
Here are just some of the things to consider enjoying in Kansas City courtesy of the Kansas City Convention and Visitors Bureau:
- Power & Light District: Experience a new Downtown Kansas City with the Kansas City Power & Light District. The $850 million entertainment district – the largest new development project in the Midwest – has reenergized downtown, creating an entertainment, retail and dining hot spot for visitors and conventioneers. It transforms itself from a unique lunch and retail destination by day to an exciting dining and entertainment experience in the evening.
- Barbeque: When most people think of Kansas City, barbecue comes to mind. Today, there are more than 80 area barbecue establishments, each boasting its personal house specialty— ribs, pork, ham, mutton, sausage and even fish. KC barbecue is always slow-smoked over wood, usually hickory, and the sauce is added right before serving.
- Country Club Plaza: This 14-block outdoor shopping and entertainment district is filled with romantic Spanish architecture, European art and dazzling fountains. Designed in 1922, the Plaza features boutiques and fashionable national stores as well as distinctive restaurants, outdoor cafes and nightlife hotspots.
- Crossroads Arts District: The arts are alive in KC with more than 60 galleries in the Crossroads Arts District, one of the most concentrated arts neighborhoods in the country. Just a few minutes from downtown, you’ll find the nationally-known Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art and the Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art (both free). No wonder Kansas City boasts the highest percentage of visual artists per capita in the country!
- Kansas City Zoo: For a wild family adventure, explore the Kansas City Zoo in beautiful Swope Park. Visit more than 1,000 animals including the Zoo’s newest resident, Nikita, the polar bear. The Kansas City Zoo was recently named one of “America’s Best Zoos” by Intrepid Traveler.
|Downtown Area Dining|
|Jack Stack in the Freight House||101 W. 22nd St||Kansas City||KS||64108||816-472-7427|
|Jack Stack Plaza Location||4747 Wyandotte Street||Kansas City||MO||64112||816-531-7427|
|Jimmy Johns||923 Broadway Blvd.||Kansas City||MO||64105||816-221-0999|
|County Road Ice House||100 E. 14th Street||Kansas City||MO||64105||816-399-4967|
|BRGR||11 E. 14th Street||Kansas City||MO||64105||816-221-2747|
|The Bristol||51 E 14th Street||Kansas City||MO||64105||816-448-6007|
|Chipotle||1370 Walnut||Kansas City||MO||64105||816-421-4342|
|Drunken Fish||14 E 14th Street||Kansas City||MO||64106||816-474-7177|
|Yardhouse||1300 Main Street||Kansas City||MO||64105||816-527-0952|
|Guy Fieri’s Dive & Taco Joint||1333 Walnut Street||Kansas City||MO||64108||816-255-2110|
|Protein House||1345 Main Street||Kansas City||MO||64105||816-205-8484|
|Pizza Bar||1320 Grand Blvd.||Kansas City||MO||64106||816-221-8466|
|Dubliner||170 E. 14th Street||Kansas City||KS||64106||913-268-4700|
|Meshuggah Bagels||40 E 13th Street||Kansas City||MO||64106||816-503-6060|
|No Other Pub||1370 Grand Blvd.||Kansas City||MO||64106||816-541-2300|
|Cosentino’s DT Market||10 E. 13th Street||Kansas City||MO||64106||816-595-0050|
You can also download a PDF of dining options by clicking here.
Find out more about Kansas City attractions, lodging, restaurants, and more at www.visitkc.com.