Celebrity Autograph and Photo Opportunity Basics ---- Meeting the Celebrities!!!The exhibit hall at Planet Comicon Kansas City has several sections. Celebrity Row, Artists Alley, Crafter Alley, Cosplay Showcase, Exhibitor Emporium and Planet Entertainment Zone (PEZ). The Exhibitor Emporium includes our retailers offering for sale a wide variety of merchandise. Celebrity Row is located at the south end of the exhibit hall. This is where fans can meet the celebrities. Each media celebrity will each have their own booth space at which they meet fans, sign autographs and pose for photographs with fans using the fan’s camera. Not all celebrities allow pictures with fans at their booth, though most will. All celebrities have a fee for an autograph. All celebrities will have a fee for a picture with the fan using the fan’s camera (those who offer this at their booth). Just behind the celebrity booth area, and at the far south end of the exhibit hall, is the Professional Photo Ops area. A professional photographer takes pictures of fans with the celebrity (or combination of celebrities, in some instances). There is a fixed schedule for these and it will be posted at the celebrity photo ops area and in the convention App, as well as on signs at each celebrity booth. We will try to post it to the web-site. These pictures are printed and available to the fan almost immediately, within minutes. They are 8x10 pictures on quality photo stock. There is a fee for each of these and fees vary by celebrity. Pricing is posted in a chart below (as available) and at the Photo Ops booth. See below for more detailed information on meeting celebrities, obtaining autographs from your favorite celebrities and having your picture taken with your favorite celebrities.
Autograph and Photo Op Pricing, Schedules & General InformationWe make every effort to provide accurate information, however, all pricing is subject to change at any time. Prices posted at the venue or at the each celebrity’s table take precedence over published information. Prices generally do not vary from the table, below, however it can happen.
- First – We highly suggest bringing cash to the show for the purchase of autographs. Some celebrities will have the ability to accept credit cards, however many will not.
- Autograph prices are for autographs on a photograph provided by the celebrity or on a fan-provided item.
- Each celebrity will have a selection of photographs at his or her booth. Many of these will be 8”x10” photographs and the price listed in the “Autograph” column, below, is the price for an autograph on one of these photos, with the photo included with the autograph at no additional charge (A VERY small number of celebrities might have a separate, small fee for the photograph).
- Most celebrities will have items in addition to 8x10 photographs offered at their booth for purchase. These may include larger photos, prints, posters, CDs, DVDs or BluRays or various other items of merchandise related to that celebrity. Prices of these items will vary
- Celebrities will autograph fan-provided items, generally for the same price as listed below, however, the price of signing a fan-provided item can be more than the price listed below, at each celebrity’s discretion. Also, each celebrity may, at his or her discretion, choose not to sign certain fan-provided items.
- Photo Ops accepts cash or credit cards on site for the purchase of Professional Photo Ops.
- Prices listed in the “Professional Photo Op” column, below, are for a fan or fans (see limits on number of fans, below) with one (1) celebrity, unless otherwise stated. Combo Photo Ops are also are available, with multiple celebrities in the photo with the fan or fans. Combo Photo Ops are identified very specifically and clearly, below. Prices will vary by celebrity combination.
- Generally, there may be up to four (4) persons in a Professional Photo Op, in addition to the celebrity or celebrities.
- Professional Photo Ops times will be posted on the convention web-site as the show approaches.
- N/A in the “Professional Photo Op” column means “Not Available”. Some celebrities choose not to participate in professional photo ops. Those celebrities will have photo ops available at their booth with the fan’s camera. See below for more information about these “Table Photo Ops. Prices of Table Photo Ops are set by each celebrity. Most voice actors do not participate in Professional Photo Ops and, instead, offer Table Photo Ops. Almost all actors offer Table Photo Ops
- TBD in the table below means “To Be Determined”. This autograph or photo op will be offered, however the celebrity has not provided the price, as yet. Watch this page for updates.
About Celebrity Autographs and PhotosWe are very excited this year to have so many wonderful celebrity guests attending Planet Comicon. We would like to provide you with a little information on how the celebrity area operates. The various celebrities are all attending Planet Comicon Kansas City to meet and greet their fans, to sign autographs, to pose for pictures and, with few exceptions, to take part in panel programming during which celebrities will appear on stage. We discuss each aspect of this, below. Each celebrity will have a booth in the celebrity area of the Exhibit Hall. We call this area Celebrity Row. The Celebrity Row will be well marked on all maps and will be located towards the back of the Exhibit Hall from the entrance (at the south end of the exhibit hall). For those familiar with Bartle Hall, the celebrities will be located in Hall E. There will be a large, overhead sign designating this general area of the room. PLEASE NOTE: Photography, video or still, is not allowed in Celebrity Row without the express permission of the particular celebrity or celebrities you wish to photograph, film, tape or otherwise memorialize with you camera your phone or other device you might have for recording. CELEBRITY AUTOGRAPHS: Each celebrity will spend most of their appearance time at Planet Comicon Kansas City at their booth in Celebrity Row. It is during this time, at their booths, that each celebrity will sign autographs. Some celebrities will be at their booth most open hours of the show, with the exception of personal breaks. Some will have specific times they will appear at their booth. Several celebrities will not be at the show on Friday, or may arrive later in the day on Friday. Some will leave early on Sunday to catch flights. For those celebrities who have limited signing times, we will attempt to announce specific times when celebrities will be at their booth. A sign will be in front of every celebrity’s booth where we hope to post a schedule of signing, photo op and panel times for that celebrity. All times are subject to change. During autograph times is also one opportunity to obtain a photograph with a celebrity, at least for some of the celebrities. This is discussed more, below. AUTOGRAPH FEES: Every celebrity charges a fee for autographs. The fees are set by the celebrity and vary from celebrity to celebrity. Basic pricing is posted in the table, above, as provided by the celebrity. We will update this table as information becomes available. Some autograph tickets might be offered for sale in advance on this web-site. The price of an autograph ranges, generally, from about $20 to about $80 with most in the $30 to $50 range. Some celebrities may allow the fan to take a picture, using the fans camera, of the celebrity signing the particular item the fan is purchasing. Some may not. You must ask the person working with the celebrity the policy for that celebrity. Many, maybe most, celebrities will accept ONLY cash for purchases at their booth. Keep this in mind when preparing for the show. It is always good to have a lot of cash available if you are interested in autographs. Some celebrities will accept credit cards. There will be ATM machines on site, which should help if fans require additional cash for purchases, however there are limits on the amount of each withdrawal. There may also be a daily limit, set by your bank or credit card company, on how much you may withdraw from your account at ATMs.
What the celebrity will autographAUTOGRAPHS ON CELEBRITY PROVIDED ITEMS: Each celebrity will have a selection of photographs, generally 8 x 10, available to sign. These photographs are generally (again, with few exceptions) included FREE with the purchase of the autograph. The celebrity may have additional items for sale, as well. This might include photos that are not 8x10, action figures, scripts, books, DVDs or other items of interest relating to that particular celebrity. Prices will vary on these items. AUTOGRAPHS ON FAN-PROVIDED ITEMS: Fans may bring items to be signed. The cost of having a fan-provided item autographed is generally the same as the cost of purchasing a basic, autographed 8x10 photo from that celebrity. However, this is not always the case. Some items might cost more to have autographed, at the discretion of the celebrity. All celebrities reserve the right to refuse to sign a fan-provided item, for any reason and at his/her discretion, if that celebrity deems the item inappropriate. This rarely happens, however it has been known to happen, so we like to mention it. MULTIPLE AUTOGRAPHS ON ONE ITEM: There are many opportunities for multiple autographs on a single photograph. For example: a photo that includes images of more than one celebrity who appears at PCKC. There is a fee for each autograph on that item in these instances – generally the basic fee each celebrity charges for an autographed 8x10.
CELEBRITY PHOTO OPPORTUNITIESThere are generally two options for fans to obtain a photograph of the fan (or fans) with the celebrity guests. We refer to these as “photo ops”. 1) photo ops at each celebrities booth using the fans camera and 2) professional photo ops that are offered in a photography area adjacent to the celebrity area. TABLE PHOTO OPS: Most, though not all, celebrities will provide the opportunity for photos with the fan, and taken with the fan’s camera, during autograph sessions. Most celebrities will have a fee for this Table Photo Op. Some celebrities will also have a package price for the combination of an autograph and table photo op. PROFESSIONAL PHOTO OPS: Planet Comicon also offers professional photo ops of each celebrity, and many combinations of celebrities, with fans. These are 8 x 10 photographs of the fan or fans with a particular celebrity or group of celebrities. These are taken in a Photo Ops Area located just adjacent to and behind Celebrity Row at the back (South end) of the exhibit hall. These opportunities will be available on a pretty strict schedule, which schedule will be posted to the web-site a few weeks prior to the convention. Prices for these photo ops will vary by celebrity and most, if not all, basic prices will be posted to this page. These professional photo ops are generally priced from about $30 to $80 for a single celebrity photo op, with higher pricing for some celebrities and for multiple celebrities in a photograph. Professional Photo Ops may be purchased at the link below. Only a few are listed now, but more will be up very soon. There will also be numerous ATMs on site for your convenience. WE DO NOT ALLOW GENERAL PHOTOGRAPHY IN THE CELEBRITY AREA: While we encourage fans to take photographs in almost every area of the convention, we do not allow general photography in Celebrity Row without specific permission of the particular celebrity you wish to photograph. For instance, there is no photography of a celebrity sitting at their table taken when you are in the aisle 20’ away. In the Celebrity Row area of the Exhibit Hall, please do not take photographs of celebrities without specific and express permission of that celebrity. This includes both still and video photography. (See Celebrity Photo Op information above.)
NO VIDEO OR STILL PHOTOGRAPHY IN THE CELEBRITY AREA WITHOUT EXPRESS PERMISSION.